How Do I Qualify For Social Security Benefits?
Many potential clients call us on a daily basis, asking us if a specific condition makes them eligible for Social Security Disability, or if a different condition does not make them eligible. With Social Security, it is almost never black and white. While one person with a certain condition will be awarded benefits, another person with a similar condition may not. Almost all conditions have different grades of severity and can affect different people in different ways.
We have listed common conditions below; many of these conditions (depending on severity) can lead to a successful Social Security Disability claim. If you click on the condition, we will give a brief description of how the condition may affect you and tactics we use to show a judge how these conditions affect your ability to work.
Many times when people apply, they do not only suffer from one condition, they have multiple conditions that affect their ability to work. It is important to remember that when you tell us or social security about your conditions, you talk about all conditions you suffer from and not just the most severe conditions.
This is not a complete list of eligible conditions, only an example of common conditions:
- Back Injuries or conditions (Degenerative Disc Disease, Stenosis, Spondylosis)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Conditions of the legs, hips, and feet (hip replacements, knee replacements, plantar fasciitis, diabetic neuropathy)
- Digestive Conditions
- Heart Disease
- Kidney Disease
- Mental Health Conditions (Anxiety, Bi-Polar Disorder, Depression, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Schizophrenia)
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Neurological Conditions (Seizures, Strove, Brain Injury)
- Respiratory Conditions (Severe Asthma, COPD, Emphysema)
Our attorneys handle SSD and SSI claims for people throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland and Florida. Call 800-488-4775 or contact us online to talk to an experienced and compassionate Social Security Disability claim attorney about your case.